"Oh S*%#! - I Forgot The Thing!" How to pack for a trip without losing your mind.
After just coming back from a short trip to the beach, my head was still spinning from the sheer amount of STUFF it takes to go anywhere with kids. We have also been home for a few days now and, to be totally honest, there are still piles of bags in random spots hinting at the memories of our short-lived "vacation" (is it really ever a vacation when you have children?).
While prepping, I thought I would share some of my favorite packing hacks I found on Pinterest that made my life a little easier:
1) Start a list days before. We have a chalkboard and I began adding things to the list as I thought of them. By the time we were ready to go I felt fairly confident I didn't leave anything out.
2) Pack and label the kids stuff into freezer bags. I love doing this. After laying out their outfits each day, I roll them up and plce into a freezer bag, labeled with the day. Then, I put the dirty clothes back into the freezer bags so they don't get close to the clean clothes.
3) Consider the car. My daughter is a mess in the car. I had to pack an easily accessible separate bag just to keep her entertained!
4) Don't forget yourself. I'm guilty of this. My kids always look like a summer Old Navy ad on the beach while I can vaguely resemble someone from the show Lost. Its easier to pack for them, but I have to take some extra time to make sure I've got what I need (this time I forgot my hair dryer).
5) Make your partner help. As moms its easy to take it all on, so I try to delegate some things to my husband, which he more than happily takes on. However, if I don't offer up some ideas, he assumes I've got it all under control and steers clear.
These are all common sense clues, but I figured I would share! Below are some family photos from our beach trip:
Beach Tip! ***Baby powder saves our lives when it comes to removing sand***