Baby You're A Firework!
I haven't done a tiny tot art project in awhile, so here is a super cute one I found on Pinterest that I wanted to try for 4th of July. I'd say this is perfect for 1-3 years old, doesn't need many materials, and is a great sensory project.
- Blue and Red Fingerpaint (this keeps things easy to clean)
- Smock (we always use old tshirts)
- Tape to wrap around the straws
- 2 Paper plates to squirt paint on
How to do it:
- Cluster some bendy straws together, taping in 2 different spots - right where the straws bend, and at another section at the top
- Squirt the paint on the paper plate
- Demonstrate how to hold the straws and stamp in the paint first, then on the paper
- We talked about the colors (red and blue) and also observed how when some mixed they made purple! We also tried to match the red straws with the red paint.
Vivian loved stamping! This project took about 5 minutes to set up, 10 minutes to do, and about 5 minutes to clean up. Here's the final product:
Have fun! : )